There are many resources available online for training and every one among them is sweet in its own ways. I shortlisted Stephane Maarek for my preparation and Tutorialsdojo for the practice exam some more questions to practice you will get on the examtopics website.
What I did I first gone through the AWS Solution Architect- Associate course by Stephane Maarek then I have given the exam Associate level and I cleared that from there I learned approximately all services which come in the exam with hands-on then I have gone through AWS solution Architect- Professional course by Stephane maarek 2 times then I tried tutorial dojo practice set. I little bit disappointed with my marks and reviewed all the questions over there and again I started the same Stephane maarek tutorials multiple times along with exam topics website question which is already solved then I again came to tutorialsdojo practice set and there I got good marks approximately 70–80 %. one more thing TutorialsDojo also offers cheat sheets containing service comparisons which is the golden source for nailing the process of elimination in MCQs.
Please do note that when you are going for a Professional AWS certification, then you need to understand that it won’t be all theoretical knowledge. You will need some experience in that field. I started reading about multiple use-cases where companies have moved onto AWS and flourished in their fields.
Some important points to revisit
Following are some important topics which come in my exam.
- Managing multiple accounts using AWS Organizations Units, SCPs, AWS RAM, Tree view, and about billing.
- Know the different types of standard access for IAM users, like Power User and Admin Access
- Migration over the network takes more than 1 week, use Snowball. Need to do computing during migration, use Snowball edge. Data sources are over 10PB, use SnowmobileUnderstand how to access resources within and outside Zone of trust using STS.
- Migrating databases using DMS (with SCT, sources, targets) and servers using SMS (Application Discovery: agentless and agent-based, features)
- Remember the different STS APIs and how to use them for the federation, single sign-on, and with identity brokers
- Some basic VPC concepts: Peering, Transit VPC, and Gateway, VPC Endpoint (interface and gateway).
- Know how to connect on-premise with AWS using Direct Connect (BGP, public and private VAF) and VPN.
- SSM Parameters Store and Secrets Manager and when to prefer one over the other
- Understanding security for data storage services like S3 (SSE), RDS (TDE, SSL, encrypted volumes, and snapshots), etc. at rest and in transit.
- Understanding durability in data storage services like S3 (lifecycle, CRR), RDS (multi-az, global Aurora Db, snapshots), etc.
- Understanding performance in data storage services like S3 (multipart upload, transfer acceleration), RDS (read-replicas, Aurora serverless, multi-master), etc.
- Security and DDoS protection options using Shield, WAF, CloudFront, Route53, Autoscaling, and deciding which one is best for us.
- Monitoring and automation using AWS Config and Systems Manager (Automation, Patch Manager, State Manager, Run).
- CloudTrail limitations and customization like CloudTrail cannot record RDS queries and wish to enable “global services” to trace IAM usage.
- You can install CloudWatch and X-Ray agents on EC2 instances/on-premise servers to use AWS Services for visualization of logs and stats
- Serverless Application Model and its limitations.
- LoadBalancer types and which provides the foremost optimized solution during which scenarios
- Types of Route53 routing policies and health checks
- EBS volume (types, limits, sizes, RAID), Instance store (limits, use-cases), and EFS (performance and throughput modes, storage tiers)
- Four parts of Kinesis: Stream (latency, limit, sharding, retention, sources), Video Stream (producers, consumers), Analysis (latency, SQL), and Firehose (targets, serverless, buffer).
- Data warehousing options: Elastic MapReduce, Redshift, and Redshift Spectrum.
- Go through FAQ of (S3, IAM, VPC, ROUTE53, AWS Organizations)
- Go through certain white paper especially storage service whitepaper & AWS Account Structure Considerations.
- Also, a minimum of once undergoes their well-architected framework. this may assist you to understand the simplest practices and why they’re called so.
Note: If you have any queries regarding the exam you can connect with me on LinkedIn.